How To Write Killer Resumes & Get The Job You Want!
( 25 pages )
Cover Letter Sample in Response to a Newspaper Ad
2150 Orange Grove
New York, NY 55555
February 20, 2009
Mr. John Smythe
5854 Tombon Road
New York, NY 55555
Dear Mr. Smythe
I am writing to you with regards to your advertisement, February 19th, in the Washington Post, for a Sales Assistant, specializing in Public Relations and Marketing. As you can see from my enclosed resume, my experience and qualifications match this position's requirements.
I especially would like to point out at this time that I graduated from the renowned Brown’s Public Relations College and I have a history of exemplary service in the field of Marketing and Advertising. I have had the very good fortune of working side-by-side with seasoned PR representatives, this past 5 years.
During my stay with DeClerc Advertising, I added 30 new clients to their already impressive roster and I was quickly promoted through the ranks all within my first year.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and I will call you within the next three days to arrange an interview that will be convenient for you.
Enclosure (this is your resume)
To write a super effective "killer" resume and solve your problem, click here.
> Home>Resume Tips Main Page
Cover letter sample in response to a Monster job posting
You see a job on Monster but are unsure how the cover letter you send should read. Get answers here.
If you see a job posting online and it sounds exquisitely suited to you, you probably feel compelled to submit not only your resume but a customized cover letter as well. But job seekers often struggle with constructing an effective cover letter. View our sample cover letter below:
Dear (insert name or "Hiring Manager" if name is unknown):
Your advertisement on Monster for a (insert job title) fits my experience and qualifications perfectly, and I am writing to express my interest in and enthusiasm for the position. As an accomplished sales leader, I have achieved seven-figure revenue growth, international market penetration and successful product launches for leading global corporations during my career.
In addition to my desire to join your team, you will find I am a dedicated and driven professional whose recent accomplishments include:
- An increase of international sales from 1 percent of the company's total revenue to 75 percent, capturing more than half of the entire European market and one-third of the Latin American market within two years.
- Dramatic expansion of customer base, leading to seven-figure revenue growth rates that far exceed the pace of larger, more established competitors.
- Development of a 75-member dealer network across 30 countries in six continents.
- Attainment of 100 percent customer retention rate through expert relationship-building skills and a commitment to a solution-focused, service-first sales approach.
- Launch of a new London office, expected to double sales revenue by 2012.
- Introduction of three innovative product lines, following comprehensive market research and competitive-intelligence gathering.
Your software products are truly on the cutting edge of technology -- you offer products that can change the way a company conducts business on the Internet. I am excited by this technology and would be able to translate this excitement to a business benefit for your current and future clients. If you agree that my qualifications are a close fit to your needs, I would be delighted to meet with you personally to discuss strategies for expanding (name of company's) market presence.
I will follow up with you in a few days to answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, you may reach me at (phone number) or via email at (email address). I look forward to our conversation.